You pay a fee for your work permit application. The money is not refunded if your application is rejected.

Fee for work permit application

The current application fees can be found on the Service Fee page


If you are applying online, you pay with a credit card or a bank card.

If you are applying on a paper form, the application fee should be paid in the form of one money order or certified bank check, payable to the Embassy of Sweden OR to the Swedish Consulate where you submitted your application. If you are applying in person at the Embassy, the application fee can be paid with a credit card (not American Express).

If the employer pays

If the employer wants to pay the application fee, you have to apply online.