Registration of Children with Swedish Population Register

Child applicants who were born abroad and have never before had a Swedish passport must first be added to the Swedish population register by applying for a coordination number.

The application is free of charge and can be filed at the Embassy of Sweden in Washington, DC and all Swedish consulates in the US.  The child must be accompanied by at least one legal guardian.

> Instructions on how to add children to population register