Applying for a visa to Sweden or Finland

If you want to visit Sweden or Finland and you are a citizen of a country outside the EU, you may need to apply for a visa.


To apply for a visa you should visit VFS Global and submitt your application there.

If you are a citizen of  Saudi Arabia, or if you have a residence permit in Saudi Arabia, and wish to travel to Sweden or Finland, you can submit your visa application together with required documents in person to VFS Global.

For the opening hours please see the website of VFS Global. No special appointment is necessary.

If you have your residence in Kuwait or Oman, and want to travel to Sweden, you submit your visa application to the Netherlands Embassy.

If you have your residence in Yemen, and want to travel to Sweden, you submit your visa application to the French Embassy in Sana'a.  

Rules and required documents

Read about the rules, and which documents are required in the menu on the left.

Avoid other people selling services

Please note that the Embassy of Sweden has nothing to do with sellers who offer services for payment. No sellers can influence either the processing period or the decision.