Work - EU/EEA citizens

On 29 March 2017 UK Prime Minister Theresa May notified the President of the European Council of the UK’s intention to start exit negotiations to leave the EU. The UK leaving the EU may bring changes for Swedish citizens and companies in the country. Until the exit negotiations are completed the UK remains a member of the EU

See our page
The United Kingdom and the EU

New changes to the Swedish migration and asylum policy. Does it affect you?
Read about the changes

EU citizens working, studying or living in Sweden
If you are a Citizen of an EU or EEA country and are planning to live/work/study in Sweden for one year or more, you are generally required to be registered in the Swedish Population Register. Once registered you will receive a Swedish ID number.
You can either have your own right of residence (uppehållsrätt) or you can have right of residence (uppehållstillstånd) as a family member.
Find out more
Swedish Tax Agency

Look at the website of the Swedish Migration Agency
Also always check with the Swedish Migration Agency for information further information on working and living in Sweden as an EU citizen.
Swedish Migration Agency

Swedish ID number
Your ID number is a necessary part of daily life in Sweden and  used in all transactions with authorities ,employers, schools, universities, shops, doctors, estate agents, banks etc.
Swedish Tax Agency

Finding a job and working
The website of the Swedish Labour Market Board contains useful information to finding work in Sweden
Swedish Public Employment Service

Recognition of qualifications from other countries
Swedish Council for Higher Education

Swedish Taxes
Information on Swedish taxes can be found on the website of the Swedish Tax Agency:
Swedish Tax Agency

Starting a Business
Business Sweden

Moving to Sweden for work is your practical step by step guide which also includes finding somewhere to live.

General Information
Information on moving to Sweden, learning Swedish, health care, social insurance, education, culture, buying a property, driving in Sweden, taking your car and pet to Sweden and much more can be found on:
Live in Sweden