You pay a fee for your visa application. The money is not refunded if your application is rejected.
Fee for visa application
Adults: 60 euro (at present £53)
Children aged 6 - 12: 35 euro (at present £31)
The application fee is tied to the euro and is revised in the event of any major shift in the exchange rate.
VFS charges a fee of £24 per application, in addition to the above fee for the visa.
How to pay
If you are applying via VFS you pay cash or by card.
If you are applying directly at the Embassy, you pay on the day of application.
The following pay no fee:
- Children under six years of age.
- School pupils, students, research students and accompanying teachers on study or training trips.
- Third-country researchers travelling for the purpose of pursuing scientific research.
- Representatives of non-governmental organisations who are aged 25 or under, who take part in seminars, conferences, sports events, cultural events or educational events organised by NGOs.
- Relatives of citizens of the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland, if they travel alone with a residence card of an EEA citizen. Read more about which individuals are counted as relatives on the Swedish Migration Board website. Relatives of Swedish citizens living in Sweden have to pay a fee for visa applications.
- Swedish Migration Agency
Citizens of countries that have signed visa facilitation agreements with the EU pay a reduced fee or are exempt from payment. This applies to citizens of:
Visits longer than 90 days
Adults and children: EUR 60 (at present £53)
Residence permits for a visit
Adults: SEK 1 000
Children under 18: SEK 500