EU Family Visa
Family members of EU/EEA nationals (spouses and dependants) can apply for an EU- family visa.
You would need to submit the following documents:
- Schengen application form
- 2 photographs
- Marriage Certificate or full Birth Certificate (if not from UK - officially translated)
- Your passport - not older than 10 years.
- The EU citizen's original passport.
- A set of copies of the documents
(If your spouse is a Swedish citizen and living in Sweden you would need to apply for a visa under - "Visiting family of friends". See the menu on the left hand side of the page.)
Family members of non British EEA nationals
(Spouses of British nationals apply on national rules in the UK and must apply for a visa)
According to the EU Directive 38/2004 (Art. 10) family members of non British EEA nationals who are in possession of a British "Residence Card of a family member of an EEA national" or "Permanent Residence Card" DO NOT need a visa for visits up to 90 days in the Schengen area if you are joining or travelling with the EU national.
See example of sticker
British Residence Card EEA 130 KB