Study in Sweden

Sweden is a great place for studying.

If you are planning to study in Sweden visit the website Study in Sweden, the service is designed for students at all levels. It provides information on undergraduate courses, Master´s programmes and opportunities for researchers as well as scholarships, living in Sweden and learning Swedish.

Study in Sweden

Additional information on studying at one of Stockholm's 24 universities:
Study in Stockholm

Recognition of qualifications from other countries:
Swedish Council for Higher Education

EU citizens

As an EU citizen you have the right to work, study or live in Sweden without a residence permit. You must however register your right of residence with the Swedish Tax Agency within 90 days of arrival in Sweden.

Swedish Tax Agency

Non-EU citizens

Non-EU citizens need to apply for a residence permit to work, study or live in Sweden. The fastest and easiest way to do this is by applying online at the Swedish Migration Agency's website.

Swedish Migration Agency

It is also possible to apply for a residence permit at the Embassy in London, you don't need to book an appointment in advance.

The Visa Section's opening hours