Driving licence

  • ola+ericson-the+swedish+flag-359

    Swedish flag Photo: Ola Ericson

If you are permanently residing in another EU/EEA country you cannot to renew your Swedish driving licence but must exchange it for the licence of the country in which you live.

Exception If you live on Jersey you can still renew your Swedish drining license.

If you are temporarily living abroad in another EU/EEA country, you can still renew your Swedish driving licence. Please contact the Embassy for a form.

For information on driving in the UK on an EU licence and how to change your Swedish licence for a British one please see 
Driving in Britain on a non-GB licence
Exchanging a foreign licence

If your licence is lost or stolen you will need to obtain written confirmation of your driving licence from the issuing licensing authority (Transportstyrelsen) to send with your application
Körkortsportalen (in Swedish)