If your visa application is to be considered, you must have the documents listed below. A number of other documents are also required, depending on what type of visit you are planning. The Schengen countries in Nigeria have agreed upon a harmonized list of supporting documents in all visa applications (see attached list on the right).
Check which additional documents you need in the menu on the left, under the heading for the type of visit you wish to make.
The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. When you submit your application you must bring the original documents together with one set of copies.
You must have:
- A completed and signed application form no. 119031, Application for Schengen Visa.
- A receipt confirming payment of the application fee, if you have not applied online.
- A passport or some other valid travel document.
- be valid for at least three months after your departure from the Schengen area
- contain at least two empty pages
- have been issued during the past ten years.
- Individual medical insurance covering the cost of emergency treatment and transport home for medical reasons. Read more under ‘Medical travel insurance’
- Enough money to support yourself during your stay. In general, Sweden requires you to have SEK 450 per day/person. The required amount may be less if for instance you have paid for board and lodging in advance or live with friends or relatives. The embassy requires proof that you can support yourself, e.g. in the form of a statement of account from your bank or a wage specification for the past six months. If the person who is inviting you to Sweden will be paying for your support, you must also show in the same way that he/she has enough money to do so.
- Enough money for the return journey, or a return ticket.
- Hotel reservation, rental of holiday home, campus residence reservation or proof of private accommodation (invitation) from host.
- A flight reservation clearly showing your airline, departure and return dates. Please note that you are not required to make payment, just a print out of your reservation is required.
- Additionally, for non-nigerian nationals residing in Nigeria: copy of the residence permit.
- Documents that are specifically associated with the type of visit you are planning. Check under the relevant heading in the menu on the left.
If you are under 18 or are accompanied by children – additional documents as described under ‘Minors’ in the menu on the left.
By request of the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs of Latvia (the OCMA) applicants travelling to Latvia need to provide the OCMA-approved invitation letter. The inviter should visit the OCMA in Latvia in order to make an OCMA-approved invitation. The invitations approved by the OCMA (printed originals) have to been sent to the visa applicant for submission to the Embassy of Sweden along with visa application.