You pay a fee for your visa application. The money is not refunded if your application is rejected.
Fee for visa application (valid from October 4th, 2016)
Adults: 21000 NGN
Children aged 6 - 12: 12000 NGN
The application fee is tied to the euro and is revised in the event of any major shift in the exchange rate.
How to pay
You pay directly to VFS.
VFS Global charge a service fee in addition to the visa fee (for Lagos applicants there is also a courier fee). Check the VFS Global website for the application centre’s address and opening hours and for other practical information.
The following pay no fee:
- Children under six years of age.
- School pupils, students, research students and accompanying teachers on study or training trips.
- Third-country researchers travelling for the purpose of pursuing scientific research.
- Representatives of non-governmental organisations who are aged 25 or under, who take part in seminars, conferences, sports events, cultural events or educational events organised by NGOs.
- Relatives of citizens of the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland, if they travel together with them or will be meeting them in connection with the trip. Read more about which individuals are counted as relatives on the Swedish Migration Board website. Relatives of Swedish citizens have to pay a fee for visa applications.
Swedish Migration Board website
Citizens of countries that have signed visa facilitation agreements with the EU pay a reduced fee or are exempt from payment. This applies to citizens of:
Fee for residence permit for a visit
Adults: 34000 NGN
Children (under 18): 12000 NGN