Visas For Slovakia And Latvia
The Embassy represents Slovakia and Latvia in Nigeria. This means that the Embassy of Sweden in Nigeria accepts applications from Nigerians wishing to travel to Latvia or Slovakia for a short period, usually not more than 3 months. Check below for details:
You pay a fee for your visa application. The money is not refunded if your application is rejected.
Fee for visa application (valid from July 25th, 2016)
Adults: 17 500 NGN
Children aged 6 - 12: 11 000 NGN
The application fee is tied to the euro and is revised in the event of any major shift in the exchange rate.
How to pay
You pay directly to VFS.
VFS Global charge a service fee of 9,300 Naira per application in addition to the visa fee (for Lagos applicants there is also a courier fee of 6750 Naira). Check the VFS Global website for the application centre’s address and opening hours and for other practical information.
The following pay no fee:
- Children under six years of age.
- School pupils, students, research students and accompanying teachers on study or training trips.
- Third-country researchers travelling for the purpose of pursuing scientific research.
- Representatives of non-governmental organisations who are aged 25 or under, who take part in seminars, conferences, sports events, cultural events or educational events organised by NGOs.
- Relatives of citizens of the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland, if they travel together with them or will be meeting them in connection with the trip. Read more about which individuals are counted as relatives on the Swedish Migration Board website. Relatives of Swedish citizens have to pay a fee for visa applications.
Swedish Migration Board website
Citizens of countries that have signed visa facilitation agreements with the EU pay a reduced fee or are exempt from payment. This applies to citizens of:
NB: The Embassy does not receive cash payment, pay only into the bank account listed above.